Another year with SciRuby accepted as a mentoring organization in Google Summer of Code (GSoC)! The Community Bonding Period ended yesterday; the coding period officially begins today.
I’m really happy with the projects chosen this year; various different subjects and some would be really useful for me, i.e. Alexej’s LMM gem, Sameer’s Daru and Will’s changes to NMatrix.
- Ruby bindings to the CSymPy C++ symbolic library – Abinash Meher – Ondřej Čertík
- Adding Linear Mixed Effects Models Support to SciRuby – Alexej Grossman – Pjotr Prins
- Gnuplot gem update – dilcom – Messel Cristian Mircea
- Increasing the capabilities of Daru (Data Analysis in Ruby) – Sameer Deshmukh – Carlos Agarie (yep, me)
- Create new NMatrix gem for advanced linear algebra features – Will Levine – John Woods
That’s all. After the next GSoC meeting, I should write about how each of the projects are going.