A curious note: Nassim Nicholas Taleb (author of Black Swan) wrote on Facebook about the paper about eusociality (think about insect colonies like ants and bees). The authors showed that kin selection theory is unnecessary given that traditional natural selection theory can predict this relation, and Richard Dawkins attacked them making no mentions to their mathematical models. I’m no biologist, but the text is very accessible (the math too if you’re familiar with stochastic processes).
- Hannibal 1 – Red Dragon
- Hannibal 2 – The Silence of the Lambs
- Hannibal 3 – Hannibal
- Hannibal 4 – Hannibal Rising
- Smalltalk Design Patterns
- The Secrets of Consulting
- The Drunkard’s Walk
- A guide to the TCP/IP protocol suite
- 21st Century C
- Feedback Control for Computer Systems
- AI Planning: Systems and Techniques. James Hendler et al. PDF
- O-Plan: a Common Lisp Planning Web Service. A. Tate and J. Dalton. PDF
- EduRank: A Collaborative Filtering Approach to Personalization in E-learning. Avi Segal et al. PDF
- Discovering Gender-Specific Knowledge from Finnish Basic Education using PISA Scale Indices. M. Saarela and T. Kärkkäinen. PDF
- The Unified Logging Infrastructure for Data Analytics at Twitter. George Lee et al. PDF
- The Evolution of Eusociality. Martin A. Nowak et al. Read online. Supplementary material.
It has been a long time since I read any mangas, but 5 Centimeters per Second is a masterpiece. Read more about it on MyAnimeList.